Terms & Conditions
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Solas Ireland Walks and Hikes ensures a high standard of guiding care and safety but all our clients must be aware and accept that participation in outdoor activities such as hiking and rambing can be dangerous and may result in personal injury or death. Participants should be aware of and accept these risks and be responsible for their own actions and involvement.
Any client who acts in contravention of the decisions or advice of their guide forfeits all professional protection and care of duty from the guide. They accept that Solas Ireland Walks and Hike is not under any liability whatsoever in respect of loss or damage to personal property not caused by the negligence or default of Solas Ireland Walks and Hikes.
The Client assumes any risk of harm, injury or worse which may occur due to participation in the activity. They release the business Solas Ireland Walks and Hikes from all liability, costs and damages which may arise from their own negligence while participating in the activity.
- We strongly recommend that you take out comprehensive insurance cover for cancellation, medical expenses, personal accident, personal baggage, money and public liability before you travel.
- You may not be accepted as a Solas Ireland client unless you have arranged satisfactory insurance. We accept no responsibility for the theft, loss or damage to personal belongings at any time during the duration of your tour.
- Solas Ireland Walks and Hikes accept no responsibility for any injuries or loss incurred whilst you are taking part in our activities.
Bookings can be made via our website at solasireland.com, by telephone or by contacting us by email at email@example.com
Your booking is not confirmed until we have issued your booking confirmation. At that point a binding contract will be entered into between us. For scheduled tours full payment will be required at the time of booking and (unless otherwise agreed), a booking confirmation will only be issued once we have received full payment from you. We cannot be held responsible if any tour in which you are interested becomes fully booked or otherwise unavailable prior to full payment being received from you.
Cancellation policy (for scheduled and private tours):
- 29 days or more before the walk: no cancellation fee
- 15-28 days before the walk: 50% cancellation fee
- 8-14 days before the walk: 75% cancellation fee
- 7 days or less before the walk: 100% cancellation
For private bookings:
- Full payment 28 days before the walk
For scheduled tours:
- 50% deposit with payment 28 days before the walk
- Full payment 14 days before the walk
Changes by Solas Ireland Walks and Hikes
- We reserve the right to alter itineraries in the event of events outside of our control. This includes issues relating to the health and safety of our clients such as extreme weather conditions; natural disasters; outbreaks of ‘foot and mouth’; contagious diseases; national or local strikes; protests; social disorder, and political unrest.
Client obligations and responsibilities
- You must obey the laws of the Republic of Ireland and the European Union whilst travelling in the Republic of Ireland.
- Prior to the commencement of tours, Clients should inform Solas Ireland in writing of any medical condition that’s requires attention or medication.
- It is the client’s responsibility to have all necessary visas, passports, permits and certificates required for your selected itinerary as well as any necessary vaccinations and to comply with all applicable laws.
- Your Solas Ireland Walks and Hikes guide may take photographs and films of you (as part of a group) while you are a on a tour and these may be used in our social media, brochures and/or advertising and publicity material without obtaining any further consent or payment in respect of such photographs and/or films.
- In the unlikely event that you may wish to make a formal complaint against Solas Ireland Walks and Hikes please directly inform your guide at the time
- If the matter cannot be resolved immediately or during your tour after the guides best endeavours to do so, your complaint should be made in writing to Solas Ireland Walks and Hikes as soon as is reasonably possible after the tour but within 30 days thereof so that your complaint can be investigated.
- Solas Ireland Walks and Hikes will not consider any claims after the 30-day period. You will be assured of respect and courtesy whilst your complaint is being dealt with.
A native of Inishowen, Sharon is an avid traveller and ‘outdoors’ lover. She has travelled extensively: exploring, working and hiking in many parts of the world.
Carriage More, Tonduff,
Co. Donegal, F93 Y2R0