WALKS & HIKES
Explore the story of Lough Swilly & Fort Dunree on this scenic walking tour
Learn the story of Lough Swilly & Fort Dunree at sunset on this guided walk
Explore the national monument site and landscape of Mamore Gap on this hike
This authentic hiking experience provides an insight into this primeval landscape
Starting at sea level we ascend 300 metres to two mystic mountain lakes in the Urris Hills
WHY HIKE WITH SOLAS IRELAND?
We offer a professional guiding service; your safety and wellbeing is our number one priority, and we have been working hard over many years to ensure you have an amazing hiking experience:
- Qualified and insured hiking guide (certified by An Bord Oiliunt Sleibhe)
- Failte Ireland Regional Tour Guide
- Covid-19 Safety Charter Assurance
- Sport Ireland COVID-19 Return to Sport certified
- First Aid certified
- Rescue & Emergency Care Level 3 certified
- Green Hospitality Award
- World Host Award
- Wellbeing from Nature International Project Member
- Inishowen Ecotourism Green Network Trail Member
- Over 30 years hill walking experience, leading groups throughout Ireland, U.K. & overseas
- Mountain rescue volunteer from 2018 – 2021
- All our hikes follow ‘Leave No Trace’ principles PLUS we will plant a piece of moss to help restore a local bog for every hiker!
We also love what we do & want to share our passion for hiking in unique & amazing places:
- Join us to explore the place we call home
- Learn about the local flora and fauna & how we all help to protect it
- Get the inside track from a local expert
- Gain a sense of peace and well being hiking in stunning scenery with like -minded folk
- All our hikes follow ‘Leave No Trace’ principles PLUS we will plant moss for every hiker!
Find out for yourself why this fascinating part of north west Ireland was voted National Geographic’s ‘Coolest Place on the Planet’!
We can’t wait to welcome you on a hike….
Unfortunately due to the nature of the terrain involved our walks and hikes are not all accessible for wheelchair users. However, a “Walk-Through Time, Lough Swilly and Fort Dunree” and the Fort Dunree Sunset Walk can be altered to facilitate wheelchair users, or visitors who would like to avoid steep hills. Please contact us directly to arrange an accessible walk for these tours at email@example.com
Click on links below to read about each walk or hike. All events can be booked for private guided walks and hikes outside of the bookable dates in the calendar. Scheduled walks and hikes run between April and September annually, but each event can be arranged with your guide for a date and time that suits you.
If you have any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss.
Contact Solas Ireland
To learn more about our walks and hikes or to organise a tour